Thursday, January 1, 2009

CUBA!!!







Thinking about Cuba makes me want to blog! When I was there I wanted to blog, except I didn't yet have a blog to blog on. And internet access there is very expensive. So I waited until I got home and had time to fit in some blogging. Now is the time!

Where do I start? Besides the obvious reasons to love Cuba (weather; the fact that I was finally on vacation; the beach -hello!) there was just so much to love. I decided I would leave my heart there so that I would have to go back sometime and reclaim it. No, I don't mean that I decided to fall in love with a person (I am married and don't you forget it). ;) I just couldn't help but love just about everything that I experienced. Except for the blatantly obvious poverty that exists among the general population. More on that later.

I suppose the most logical thing to do would be to start posting photos "in the order in which they were received" and explain things as I go along. So I'll start.

Ok, since I'm new with this and I don't know how to change the order of the photos, please bare with me. They go in order from bottom photo to top photo.

VARADERO.
The first photo is of the front entrance to the lobby of our hotel from the street. You walk in the front doors and continue towards the beach, and along the way you walk through the covered terrace (photo #3) and then on to the covered walkway (photo #2). (Please pardon the messed-up order). Then you come across the hotel's pool and on the right side of photo # 4 is the lobby bar (which happens to be open 24 hours, although the bartenders catch a few zzzzzz's overnight) where the nightly entertainment begins at 8pm. The live band is fantastic (I bought their cd for 10 pesos) and the dancers are great. I think this should be a separate blog entry 'cause there's just so much to tell! Watch for photos.
The last photo is what I saw when I stepped onto the fabulous beach for the very first time. My heart skipped a beat 'cause it was so purtty, so perfect. AAAAHHHH! I love it in Cuba!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooooo I'm excited!!!! :D

    I love, love, LOVE the colors in Cuba... How vibrant! How could anyoen not love it there??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!!! I love blogs!! Cuba looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pics. Now I want to go.

    ReplyDelete